[open-government] API for brainstorming and example

Simon Perdrisat perdrisat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:22:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

So apparently they are no standard API for a brainstorming application.

I got in touch with developer of ideatorrent a month ago. Sadly, this
application need a rebuild from scratch. For the moment, it is not in the
"Drupal way" and not flexible. BTW, I think we can almost do the same
without the ideatorrent module but with other more generic solution. They
are also a new version 6.x-2.0.x-dev <http://drupal.org/node/469522> at
http://drupal.org/project/ideatorrent but it need work.

I can help for that and also to create a clone of data.gov (this is really
easy) or better but harder http://www.socrata.com. Anyway, I think the data
server and the fancy visualization service should be completely separate
project.

I receive a mail from Claire Gallon but she didn't send to the list :/. She
create a catalog of "needed data" and she try now to get it for France. I
can push that on google doc and tranlsate it.

I can't access to ch.ckan.net :(. For my point of view having one main
domain for the "swiss open gov" (like openadmin.ch) would be more easy to
promote.

Regards

Simon

--
Simon Perdrisat :: http://cloud33.com :: Skype gagarine42 ::
http://twitter.com/gagarine

This email is a green one... don't print it.