[annotator-dev] Working groups

Andrew Magliozzi andrew at finalsclub.org
Tue Jan 21 19:32:53 UTC 2014

Hey Randall, Andrew, et. al.,

For efficiency purposes, I thought we could have a few 'working groups',
like the one convening to discuss documentation tomorrow.

A few smaller groups could each work together on a focused topic, like
docs, UI theming, etc..  Then, that group could present it's work at our
larger meetings, which are becoming a bit too large to be truly productive.

We can discuss the general idea for a few minutes tomorrow too.  I am
always open to alternatives.  Questions, comments, concerns?

~Andrew

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Andrew Brookins <
abrookins at safaribooksonline.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure either. Andrew Magliozz sent an email a while ago asking for
> working group suggestions, I think in part to create multiple small
> meetings instead of another big one because of the 10-participant limit in
> Google Hangouts. So my feeling is that it does imply working groups have
> their own meetings.
>
> That said, I really enjoyed the big community call. Whether or not working
> groups happen, I'm interested in finding some way to host a larger-group
> video chat.
>
> Best,
> Andrew
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Randall Leeds <tilgovi at hypothes.is>wrote:
>
>> Sounds good to me.
>>
>> Not sure what we mean by working group though. Does that just imply we
>> have our own meetings?
>> On Jan 21, 2014 10:39 AM, "Andrew Brookins" <
>> abrookins at safaribooksonline.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Would it make sense to form a working group around customizing/extending
>>> the editor and form UI? We've had some discussion on the topic and I have a
>>> stake in it, so I'd be happy to join.
>>>
>>> If that topic does not make sense for a small group, please propose
>>> alternatives. Or, if a list of groups already exists, can someone link to
>>> it? The only one I know about is the documentation working group (clearly
>>> important).
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Andrew

Andrew Magliozzi
Founder
*FinalsClub Foundation*
*www.KarmaNotes.org <http://www.KarmaNotes.org>*

T - 617-575-9369
E - Andrew at FinalsClub.org

FinalsClub exists thanks to generous funding from the William and Flora
Hewlett Foundation.