[annotator-dev] Automated Browser Testing

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:53:47 UTC 2014

On 20 Jun 2014, at 23:08, Bill Hunt <bill at krues8dr.com> wrote:

> The next most popular option for Saucelabs integration is grunt-saucelabs which works perfectly, but requires grunt.  It's pretty coupled to grunt tasks too, so it'd require a bit of rewrite to get it to work without grunt.

Hey Bill,

I’m not particularly fond of Grunt either, and much prefer the Makefile approach. I may have missed some of the prior discussion but what particular functionality is grunt-saucelabs providing?

Also looking at the README it seems that the project only requires grunt to run itself. And then just requires a custom Mocha runner to be used by the test suite. So worst comes to worst, we can probably continue as we are and just use Grunt to talk to Sauce Labs.

I’d also be interested in us vetting other options such as BrowserStack first though.

Cheers,
Aron