[annotator-dev] Automated Browser Testing

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Mon Jun 23 18:52:20 UTC 2014

On Jun 23, 2014 11:29 AM, "Bill Hunt" <bill at krues8dr.com> wrote:

> I spent the morning working with BrowserStack, and it doesn't appear to
be quite as mature as SauceLabs.

> You can definitely still run tests in a cloud-based browser as all of the
other services offer, but like Browserling, the failures are not logged and
reported in the dashboard.  Or, at least, it doesn't appear to do this
by default and they don't really have very deep documentation on how to do
this.   It still looks like those errors can probably be reported back to
the script running them, but I haven't had time to dig in very deep on that
and again, it doesn't look as easy as what SauceLabs already has in place.
 If anyone on the list has other experience they can contribute, please
chime in!

Did you try it with yeti? A brief look at that example seems like that's
the thing for running mocha tests with browserstack.

> Aron - to your question, grunt-saucelabs gives us the seamless
integration with the SauceLabs API and dashboard.  We can run tests
automatically and the results are published to the SauceLabs dashboard.
 Sounds simple, but apparently not everyone is doing this.

> I've found only one Gulp-SauceLabs module so far, but it's only got two
commits several months old; I have not actually had the time to try and get
it to run yet though.  Again, Gulp is still really new, and we probably
aren't going to find wide support yet here.  Obligatory
wheel-reinventing-yadda-yadda.

It's rather the point of gulp to be more a set of simple tools to construct
the process pipeline rather than a build system. One doesn't publish gulp
plugins as much because there isn't as much boilerplate to introduce custom
build steps as grunt.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

But I'm not sure any of this should be necessary.

I just found this:
https://github.com/mantoni/mochify.js/blob/master/README.md