[annotator-dev] Open Annotation support in Annotator

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Fri Oct 10 18:53:11 UTC 2014

On Oct 10, 2014 11:17 AM, "Robert Sanderson" <azaroth42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Proposals:
>
> 1.  Tags are about the target(s) of the Annotation, and are thus Bodies
of the annotation.

+1

This is not likely to be terribly wrong for most use, I think. It also
means we don't need to migrate existing annotations, extracting their tags
and turning those into second order annotations.

> 2.  User holds the user name of the account, and thus the appropriate
mapping is foaf:nick

-0

For our use at Hypothesis, the user field is a URI, not a string literal
representing a foaf:nick.

If I have to override the context document, fine.

But also worth pointing out that without the auth and permissions plugins
there is no user field. If those components are optional, should the base
context even include them?