[annotator-dev] Fwd: Basic workings

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Tue Oct 14 06:18:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Tim Casling <tcas at burwil.co.uk> wrote:

> I have upgraded my annotator JS from 1.2.7->1.2.9.
>
> On #2, edit and delete icons are visible on the annotation.  Not sure how
> I missed them!
>
> Any input on #1 and #3 appreciated.

For #1, the question of whether you must use search, the answer is no.

If you can obtain the annotations through another means, you should be able
to call `annotator.loadAnnotations([annotations])`.

For #3, you may have run into this bug:
https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/issues/280

It was closed because the master branch no longer exhibits this behavior.
However, Daniel posted a patch. If this is your issue and you'd like to
open a pull request against the v1.2.x branch, we could publish a v1.2.10
release while we work to finalize v2.