[annotator-dev] UX/UI improvements

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Thu Sep 25 21:24:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Marc-Antoine Lemieux <
marc at marcantoinelemieux.com> wrote:

> I'm still wondering if using master was the right choice at the beginning,
> but since I knew we would mosty certainly want to customize the behavior
> (which we did), the new version seemed to be better than v1 (better code
> organization and so on).

I'm pretty confident it will be better.

We are trying to preserve compatibility as much as possible and make
migration easy. In some ways it's maybe harder to work off master now than
it would be to migrate once we release v2.

Also, it's completely my fault for putting master in a very intermediate
state back in May and then not getting back to it. I at least should have
added the warning at the top of the README that Nick has now put in place.

But the bleeding edge is fun, isn't it?

It would be great to have anyone testing and using the tip of master, but I
don't want to encourage it when it could be a time sink for you. On the
other hand, contributions from more people following the tip could really
speed things along.