[annotator-dev] changing the position of annotator viewer/editor

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:39:11 UTC 2015

How's the hacking going? :) I'd be more than happy to help you with making
the changes "in a more sustainable way" and sync up about helping with
documentation--because you're absolutely right...it could use some details
and examples.

It's going well!  I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.  :)  The last
change on my list (for now) is to modify the annotator UI so that a clicked
annotation causes the viewed annotation to appear and stay until a button
is clicked to close it.  As part of that I'm going to swap out the current
X delete icon for a trash can icon, since I think the X can easily be
mistaken for "close" instead of "delete".  If anyone has pointers for where
to modify the code, I'd appreciate it, though I'm sure I can find it myself
eventually.

Randall (an Annotator core-committer) and I will actually be in Boston
(well...Cambridge) in a couple weeks for IndieWebCamp!
http://indiewebcamp.com/2015/Cambridge

I'm looking for a spot in our schedule that week to do an Annotator meet-up
/ hack / discussion for anyone interested.

An evening meet-up would work best--either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Would any of those evening's work for you, Shauna? If so, we'll get
something official setup, find some hack space (or a cafe / pub), and rally
the troops. :)

That's great!  I was thinking of going to IndieWebCamp.  Are you going to
LibrePlanet as well?  It's the weekend right after IndieWebCamp.

Tuesday night is best for me, Thursday is doable, Wednesday I have other
commitments.

- Shauna