[ckan-dev] routing bugs

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:24:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:07 PM, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:

> I've fixed the minor tests left broken in branch
> defect-1106-bugs-with-routing.
>
> I'm not clear why Rufus branched for 1.3.4.1 when we're still in beta
> for 1.3.4. Also, it seems wrong to include a week of new features in
> 1.3.4.1 that aren't in 1.3.4 (such as the new authz pages). It would
> have been more sensible to branch from 1.3.4. And call it a beta. Does
> anyone mind if I scrap this 1.3.4.1 curiosity and just roll it into
> 1.3.4? Or are we desperate to have the new features put into beta?
>
> James is using 1.3.4 branch for the UAT testing for DGU.  That is why the
extra branch was made as we did not want to change what James had already
packaged.  The bugs we found are not as relevant for DGU.

In future I think that the branches for dgu testing should be separated from
ckan release branches to stop this from happening again.

I agree it would have been more sensible to branch from 1.3.4 but the damage
is done now. Also 1.3.5b could be a better name for it and I am happy for it
to be called that.

Thanks

David