[ckan-dev] Translation issue

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Aug 25 20:01:26 UTC 2011

Alexey,

Sorry to hear about the updates to the strings after your super
efforts in finishing the Russian translation. We do try hard to avoid
changing strings too often, but we had a big refactor in the logic
layer, for which there are a lot of error messages and the like that
probably caused you issues. There is an argument that API messages and
errors should not be translated, leaving the translation just to the
web front end. This may cut down the work at keeping up to date by a
big chunk - do let me know what you think about this.

Friedrich, it's probably a good moment to hand over the transifex
admin over to me, so I'll try and catch you for a chat about these
processes.

David