[ckan-dev] Overwrite i18n strings from extensions

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:26:04 UTC 2011

Like I mentioned privately this morning, I'm not convinced this should
be supported in i18n.

The only use-case I've seen for this so far is, in fact, Groups and
Publishers (which I've come across twice); perhaps these should just
be parameterised?

Or we can rename them as a rewrite in a stream filter?

Seb

2011/6/24 Adrià Mercader <amercadero at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> I was wondering if anybody has an idea regarding what is the best way
> for extensions to overwrite strings from ckan core.
> e.g. Someone wants "dataset" instead of "package" or "Publishers"
> instead of "Groups".
>
> Ideally, the mechanism should support:
> * i18ize the extension strings
> * Inherit from the ckan core i18n files, so you only have to define
> the strings you want to change.
>
> Or the only way is to modify the actual string on a custom template
> and not supporting i18n?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrià

skype: seb.bacon