[ckan-dev] Feature: new system checkin / status API

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon May 9 09:12:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think this is a technological solution to a largely social problem
that we should manage instead of coding it. I think the value of
having the CKAN install telling me that it is around is just much
smaller than having an actual conversation with its owner (and keeping
a list of those as we do internally). Its perfectly legitimate to use
CKAN in a closed an non-reported way and I know of several such
deployments. Builidng in a call-home feature costs us time while not
producing much value for our users, I think.

- Friedrich