[ckan-dev] datapkg 0.9 default config still points to ckan.net

Daniel Graziotin d at danielgraziotin.it
Thu Oct 27 14:46:34 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

I am not very familiar with mailing lists, so sorry if I commit some
netiquette errors.
I am building a wxPython GUI for datapkg, called datapkggui
[http://task3.cc/projects/datapkggui].
So far the project shyly reached v0.2.0 and is able to search and
download from CKAN index.
Napo, my stage tutor included in this e-mail, was beginning to test my
program out and observed that it does not work.
Datapkg still tries to connect to ckan.net, not to thedatahub.org.

Having a customized .datapkgrc file with the new URL already included,
I did not notice that the command datapkg init config still creates
the configuration line
   ckan.url = http://ckan.net/api/

Is this intentional on version 0.9? Will it be fixed in the next
releases or should I take care of the new URL and create a new
configuration file from datapkggui?

Best Regards,

Dott. Daniel Graziotin
-email: d at danielgraziotin.it