[ckan-dev] datapkg 0.9 default config still points to ckan.net

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Oct 27 15:49:28 UTC 2011

On 27 October 2011 15:46, Daniel Graziotin <d at danielgraziotin.it> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am not very familiar with mailing lists, so sorry if I commit some
> netiquette errors.

Welcome!

> I am building a wxPython GUI for datapkg, called datapkggui
> [http://task3.cc/projects/datapkggui].

Interesting - sounds like a useful addition.

> So far the project shyly reached v0.2.0 and is able to search and
> download from CKAN index.
> Napo, my stage tutor included in this e-mail, was beginning to test my
> program out and observed that it does not work.
> Datapkg still tries to connect to ckan.net, not to thedatahub.org.
>
> Having a customized .datapkgrc file with the new URL already included,
> I did not notice that the command datapkg init config still creates
> the configuration line
>   ckan.url = http://ckan.net/api/
>
> Is this intentional on version 0.9? Will it be fixed in the next
> releases or should I take care of the new URL and create a new
> configuration file from datapkggui?

I've not got much hands-on experience with datapkg, but I know Rufus
has changed the name to dpm - Data Package Manager and it looks like
the github repo has been removed in favour of the new one:
https://github.com/okfn/dpm and it's on 0.10a. So take a look!

But your comment is still valid - I see the default is still ckan.net,
so no doubt Rufus will see this thread and update it:

dpm/config.py:    cfg.set('index:ckan', 'ckan.url',  'http://ckan.net/api/')

Many thanks,
David