[ckan-dev] wms-preview on Czech CKAN

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:51:55 UTC 2011

Hi Ondřej,

I'm afraid you chose the wrong plugin!
The wms_preview plugin is intended to preview resources which are WMS
(Web Map Services). WMS is a standard for requesting map images [1].
Here is an example on a dataset with a WMS resource:
http://test.ckan.org/dataset/test-wms--wales-natural-risk-zones

If you want to display a map widget with the dataset extent stored in
the spatial field (like this one:
http://test.ckan.org/dataset/test-dataset-extent-polygon), you will
need to enable the *dataset_extent_map* and *spatial_query* plugins.
These plugins require PostGIS installed, you'll need to follow the
"Setting up PostGIS" and "Configuration" steps in the ckanext-spatial
README:

https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckanext-spatial

Sorry about the confusion, let me know if you need further help.

Adrià

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wms