[ckan-dev] Demo glitches

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Wed Aug 8 10:02:33 UTC 2012

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/2812
http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/2813

> I think the file upload actually works better this way, in that you're
> not then waiting a long time when you click add but I agree the resource
> url textbox can/might be confusing (and can potentially break stuff later
> on if you change it).  Definitely need to work out how we can avoid that.
> Can you create a ticket for that one and assign to me.

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/2814

I don't see why waiting a long time when you click add is worse than
waiting a long time when you select the file to upload. In fact, it
seems to me obviously better, because it gives you time to change your
mind if you accidentally selected the wrong file (a core dump, a
compromising billet doux, ...)

Mark