[ckan-dev] Problem installing ckan

mehdi benchoufi benchoufi.mehdi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:12:37 UTC 2012

Hi Sean,

My response below :

2012/8/22 Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org>

> > I am very new to Ubuntu and I was trying to install ckan. But I get an
> > error message when I put this command : sudo apt-get install -y ckan, I
> get
> > :
> >
> > unable to locate package ckan.
>
> Did you successfully run these two commands?
>
> echo "deb http://apt.ckan.org/ckan-1.7 lucid universe" | sudo tee
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ckan.list
> sudo apt-get update

In fact in the doc, it was said : http://apt.ckan.org/ckan-1.MAJOR_VERSION

So now I have a different error message :

" ckan : depends python-ckan but it is not going to be installed
          depends python-virtualenv but it is not installable
          depends python-pip but it is not installable

Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages "

Updating suceeds but I have this message :

"GPG error : http://apt.ckan.org lucid RELEASE : the following signature
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available " (knowing
that I ran the command : wget -qO- "http://apt.ckan.org/packages_public.key"
| sudo apt-key add -)

> after those two then sudo apt-get install ckan should work.
>
> > ( Also I get the same message as for postgresql-8.4. and solr-jetty)
>
> That's weird, do you have Ubuntu's universe repository enabled?

In fact , I don't see it in my source.list, should I add it ? I have 'deb :
... precise main restricted'

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu
>
> By the way, what version of Ubuntu are you using?

The version 12.4

> > Also I ran as said in the doc, wget -qO- "
> > http://apt.ckan.org/packages_public.key" | sudo apt-key add -,
> >
> > I had the following message : gpg : no valid openPGP data found
>
> Maybe this was a temporary glitch, and if you try again it will succeed.
> Also could be that the command beginning with "echo" above needs to run
> successfully before this one will run. If neither of those then I'm not
> sure.

I have still the same message