[ckan-dev] Future of the publisher refactor

James Gardner james at 3aims.com
Fri Mar 23 13:14:48 UTC 2012

Hi all,

> * When you edit the group, there is no functionality to add/edit or
>   manage users eg /group/users/test gives a 404.

I tell a lie. With today's master this is now there. The
publisher_dataset_form isn't listed in setup.py though and the code for
that isn't merged into master yet so you can't use that plugin.

> * The list of a user's groups doesn't appear in their profile page the
>   way it did for DGU
> * There is none of the "request access to a publisher workflow" on the
>   profile page

The above issues are still there.

I've also noticed that when using master with a fresh Solr 1.4.1 core
and the CKAN schema, if I create a new dataset (either from the groups
page or directly) and I have the publisher_form plugin enabled, it
doesn't get indexed. I've got:

ckan.plugins = stats publisher_form
#ckan.async_notifier = true
ckan.build_search_index_synchronously = true
ckan.auth.profile = publisher
solr_url = http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr
ckan.site_id = ckan.net

No errors appear anywhere.

When I disable the publisher_form extension, the indexing works again.

Looking at the latest form plugin here:
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/feature-1669-publisher-profile/ckanext/publisher_form/forms.py

I can't see any search code changes.

Is this a known issue or should I ticket it?

Cheers,

James