[ckan-dev] Changelog box hidden behind resource details

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:57:30 UTC 2012

On 28 March 2012 19:10, Tom Rees <zephod at gmail.com> wrote:

> The procedure is for me to keep tweaking it until the level of complaints
> falls below a certain threshold :-)
>
> We try to avoid design-by-committee and generally I take these kinds of UX
> decisions (and for the most part they are simply accepted) but I'm happy to
> try something else here.

consistency of design is a good thing - I'm not sure how best to achieve
this

> I'm not sure what you mean about "it does delete" -- it doesn't,

If you create a dataset and then add a resource by adding a link and
pressing add then click the x and go somewhere else the resource is not
saved.  As I clicked save and then x, logically the x deleted it (the fact
that save didn't save doesn't mater) - not sure what happens if you add the
resource when creating the dataset

> its a button to close the form, it's meant to look like the close-window
> button on your OS

my OS has no close buttons - but should we be looking like we are a window
in the os? we are part of a web page

> -- but clearly the floating form isn't working. I'm considering switching
> to a modal dialog or flattening the form into the page,

I'd prefer the as part of the form as this in my mind is clearer

Toby