[ckan-dev] Template freeze in ckan core

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:12:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Now that ckan 1.7 is out of the door we are starting a major revision of
the templates.  Existing templates in 1.7 will be available as legacy
templates for users who have based their applications on the existing
templates, and a new set of cleaner more modular templates will replace
them.

Therefore templates should not be changed except for specific bugfixes that
should go through aron or me.  They should also be lined up for an 1.7.x
releases

There are some differences between templates in master and 1.7.  I will be
reverting any changes to templates that are not in 1.7.

Templates in extensions can continue to do as they please

Thanks