[ckan-dev] File upload error

Kim Haklae haklaekim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 03:33:55 UTC 2012

Hi Sean,

Is the v.1.8 (or 2.0) available to upgrade or download now?
When I try to install with this option (echo "deb
http://apt.ckan.org/ckan-1.8 lucid universe" | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ckan.list), I had python package errors. Or do I
need to install as the source version?

Cheers,
Haklae

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

> > I have tested both Ubuntu 10.4 and 10.10.
> > It works fine with a file name in English. But when I upload in Korean,
> it
> > gives me a same error.
> >
> > - file name: 2012_08(주요국가).xls
> > - upload file name: 2012-10-01T132446/2012_08(주요국가).xls
> > - error: Failed to get credentials for storage upload. Upload cannot
> proceed
> >
> > When I change a file name in English, there is no error for uploading it.
> > I don't know this problem is not related to CKAN directly.
> > I have the same problem in thedatahub.org with the same file.
>
> It looks like you've found a bug in CKAN 1.7 and (since you also tested
> on thedatahub) CKAN 1.8. I just tested your filename with CKAN 2.0 alpha
> (the current master development branch) and I didn't have any problem
> uploading and then downloading the file, so I think this problem is
> fixed in 2.0.
>
> I think a fix for this is unlikely to be backported to CKAN 1.7, so if
> you're using 1.7 then I'd say unicode characters in filenames are not
> supported when uploading files to the filestore, stick to ascii
> characters.
>
> I've created a ticket for this bug in CKAN 1.8, so a fix may make it
> into the 1.8 or 1.8.1 release.

Dr.Dr. Haklae Kim
Semantic Web and Open Data Hacker
http://thedatahub.kr
http://getthedata.kr
http://blogweb.co.kr
Tel: +82-(0)10-3201-0714
Who's Who in the World's 27th Edition - 2010
IBC 2000 Outstanding Scientists - 2010