[ckan-dev] File upload error

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Oct 5 08:19:50 UTC 2012

> Is the v.1.8 (or 2.0) available to upgrade or download now?
> When I try to install with this option (echo "deb
> http://apt.ckan.org/ckan-1.8 lucid universe" | sudo tee
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ckan.list), I had python package errors. Or do I
> need to install as the source version?

Neither has been released yet, so there is no Ubuntu package for either
yet.

1.8 has been in beta for a while, so only bug fixes and no new features
or incompatible changes have been going in, with one big exception: I
think we're planning to merge the new CKAN 2.0 datastore into 1.8 before
its release. You could install 1.8 beta by following the _latest_ source
install instructions (_not_ the 1.7 instructions!) and checking out the
release-v1.8 git branch instead of master. However, I wouldn't recommend
deploying anything on 1.8 at this point because the upcoming datastore
change is a big one.

CKAN 2.0 is still very much in alpha development and does not have a
beta version or its own git branch yet. If you want to check it out,
just follow the latest source install instructions and install from the
master git branch.

Latest source install instructions:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/install-from-source.html