[ckan-dev] Trouble installing CKAN from source on Ubunto 12.04.2 LTS

Sasse, Fred (MNIT) fred.sasse at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 17 15:07:51 UTC 2013

Hello, I am attempting a compile from source of CKAN on Ubuntu 12.04.02 LTS.
I am following the documentation to the letter.
I am attempting to install the latest version of CKAN 2.0.

It seems I cannot create the database tables in the step "paster -plugin=ckan db init"

I get the error "pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: Not Found: ckantest (did you run python setup.py develop?)

I run "python setup.py develop" it does its thing, installs a "ckan-admin" script to /home/(user)/pyenv/bin, finished processing dependancies for ckan==2.1a.

Then I attempt to create the database tables again, with the "paster -plugin=ckan db init" command, and it fails the same.

Any Help is appreciated!