[ckan-dev] CSW Harvester behavior

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Tue Dec 17 12:42:53 UTC 2013

Hi list,

I'm trying to harvest remote geonetwork catalogs. It works for 2 of them
and doesn't for the third. On the one where it doesn't work, I noticed
in geonetwork logs that after GetCapabilities CKAN was using a POST
getRecords request. On the ones where it works, CKAN is sending GET
getRecordById requests.
I don't understand why CKAN doesn't behave the same way here. The
catalogs configurations are very similar.
I feel a bit stupid writing that, but I don't understand either how CKAN
is able to proceed to a getRecordById request using a correct geonetwork
catalog metadata ID without having retrieved any ID list...

Thanks for your clue if any,

best regards,

Guillaume