[ckan-dev] default beaviour of WMS viewer

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 06:47:23 UTC 2013

Hi Elena,

we know, that consistant INSPIRE metadata is not well established at the
moment, therefor we implemented an export option in our geoportal, to push
the geo-metadata into a ckan instance by via the ckan api's. In this case,
we model each layer as a ckan dataset, and can create our own resources
e.g. to open external map applications, as our geoportal ;-) . This is the
actually the smartest way to do such a sync between geo-metadata and ckan
infomation model. I had a presentation this year on FOSSGIS and maybe the
information will help you a little bit. You have to use a translation
program, because it was held in german :-( .

http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz/2013/programm/events/622.de.html

Here is the link to the ckan json objects, we create dynamically from our
geoportal:
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de/mapbender/php/mod_exportMapbenderLayer2CkanObjects.php

Best regards

Armin