[ckan-dev] dataset schema customization

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Dec 17 13:32:24 UTC 2013

> You mentioned the problem at the time and it would be great to know if
> you addressed it:
>
>> The only problem is that form_to_db_schema_options()'s params would have to be passed to form_to_db_schema() instead, which would break any existing IDatasetForm plugins whose form_to_db_schema() methods do not accept params.
>
> https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2013-March/004275.html

I think this email was the beginning of a long process of redesigning
IDatasetForm. At this early point I was bothered about not breaking
backwards-compatibility. But at some point, we decided the whole
interface needed to be completely changed and since it was for the big
2.0, we forgot about backwards-compatibility.

I think if there are known use-cases where more params are needed, those
params could be added