[ckan-dev] pycsw integration

dkuerner at smail.uni-koeln.de dkuerner at smail.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 8 20:58:14 UTC 2013

Hi Florian,

thank you for commenting on the UI. I´ll try and give a brief overview
of the integration which might be close to your notion of a facade.

The cms is extended through a mvc style extension which is based on
extbase (a framework backport of flow3.org).
The model is only concerned with users and their groups, as the whole
model part is abstracted to CKAN. The Controller makes heavy use of a
Service, which is basically a CKAN Remote Procedure Call Client
utilizing the lovely CKAN Action API which is still in beta state for
v.1.8 but works as expected.

The view part is pure Javascript, also following the MVC pattern
(which allows for routing e.g.) utilizing the superheroic (that´s what
Google advertises their framework with, and so far, I share their
opinion on that) AngularJS Framework.

I´m about half way through my diploma thesis and plan to finish it
until the end of march. By then I want to commit the Typo3 extension
to a public repo like github.

Kind regards,
Daniel