[ckan-dev] Harvester - Problem

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jan 21 15:43:33 UTC 2013

> I tried to specify the group with "default_groups":["group-id"]" as well as

Are you really using the group's ID, or its name? In my test (CKAN
1.8.1b, current master version of ckanext-harvest, CKAN harvester)
default_groups works if I use the group's ID but not if I use its name.
Here'y my working CKAN harvester config:

{
 "api_version":"1",
 "default_groups": ["ce1a66dc-70d2-4ec3-b946-d7848e2b3af2"]
}

That id is the id of the "roger" group and when I harvest datasets they
all get added to that group.

I haven't tried this with the organizations extension on yet. Suggest
you try it without the organizaions extension and see if it works for
you, then try turning on organizations and see if it still works.