[ckan-dev] created resources in dataset - can't access the dataset anymore?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Jan 25 11:41:18 UTC 2013

> For future development of CKAN, it might be a good investment to look at
> solutions where datasets could hold more than a few thousand resources:
> that does not seem like an unusual scenario.

It's an interesting idea. I think that is actually an unusual scenario,
I don't think I've ever seen a dataset with that many resources. Why
exactly do you need so many resources in one dataset?

To handle datasets with thousands of resources, as well as making sure
that requests for the dataset don't timeout I think CKAN would also need
pagination of the resource list and probably search for resources within
a dataset. It may not all be worthwhile, since I think almost all
datasets have only a few resources.