[ckan-dev] Harvest extension update files

Isabel Ruiz isaruizmellado at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:08:48 UTC 2013

Hi !

We are running ckan 2.1a in Ubuntu 12.04.

We have many resources files uploaded on ckan (using "upload a file" option on
resources upload).

Some of our resources have information, that must be updated every five
minutes (for example, bike sharing available in the city) . Obviously, we
cannot update this file manually.

So, we need a process which: collects the file and replaces ckan file (for
example, we need upload a new file containing actual bike sharing available,
older file must be deleted or replaced).

We have read ckan docs and harvest extension collected another ckan files.

My questions are: Can harvest extension collected files I need? Can we use
harvest extension?

If the answer is "Yes"... do you have any example which can help us?

Thanks!

--
Isabel M. Ruiz Mellado
http://about.me/isabelruiz