[ckan-dev] Merging of pull requests

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Tue Oct 15 16:06:07 UTC 2013

On 15 October 2013 15:12, Stefan Oderbolz <stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering how you handle the review and merge of pull requests. Is
> there some kind of protocol to follow (like ping person X) or is there a
> schedule when you go though open PRs (like every second Tuesday we tackle
> all open PRs)?
>
> Just to make sure that you don't get me wrong: this mail is *not* about
> complaining, I just want to know how you handle that internally (in OKFN),
> who is responsible for the ckan core or for the different ckanext-* repos.
> If there are no such "rules" I'd propose to create them, this helps me (and
> probably others in the community) to understand how you work and what we
> can expect when.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints :)
>
> - Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your email. We are aware that it's currently not very clear how
people can get involved in contributing to CKAN and who to contact to
review pull requests etc. We are very keen to have more contributors so
we're working on some clearer processes and guidance to make it easier to
get involved. This should be available very soon.

- Darwin