[ckan-dev] Merging of pull requests

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Tue Oct 15 16:46:51 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,

Your questions are totally understandable and I'm sure also shared by
other developers, we are trying to be more transparent about the CKAN
development process so any feedback is appreciated.

We triage any new PR and issues two times a week, on Tuesday and
Thursday. Each of them gets assigned to a CKAN core dev, which will
oversee it. Most of the times this involves working on a patch or
reviewing it, but also asking the original submitter for more details
or even reject it if it does not fit the guidelines. If one of your
submissions does not get assigned to a dev after week leave a comment
or ping the list as it may have slipped us.

As for when things will get done, that is a more difficult question to
answer, it depends on the importance of the patch, other priorities or
general availability, specially on extensions where fewer devs are
responsible for its maintenance.

Hope this helps,

Adrià