[ckan-dev] questions on resources import / export

Elena Camossi elena.camossi at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Oct 21 08:16:47 UTC 2013

Dear Emanuele,

thanks a lot for your opinion, very much appreciated.
We're defining the architecture of our system that will encompass CSW and
non CSW harvesting from several geographical sources, and from
non-geographical catalogues  as well. Our Idea is to test both CKAN  and
DKAN and their geographical extensions for our catalogue, but we are also
interested to understand the possible interactions among the two solutions.
GN was also among the candidates for the geographical metadata, but some
partners reported some issues so we're actually discarding it.

What was you're experience with using GN? Did you have the opportunity to
compare it with CKAN and it's geographical extension for example?

Kind regards,
-Elena