[ckan-dev] problem migrating datasets

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:24:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

we updated our CKAN from 1.7 to 2.2 - which was tough enough, but now we
have a problem with our datasets.

Before we used the "groups" (with the organizations - extension) with some
customization to restrict editing of datasets and "grouping" datasets.
When updating we wanted to use the "organizations" in 2.2 because it
basically does all that stuff for us ...
So we migrated the groups to organizations and updated all datasets to set
the "owner_org", which worked perfectly fine. But unfortunately altough
every dataset knows to which organization it belongs, the organizations do
not know which datasets they own.

We tried "force_reindex" on every group, but still the organizations show 0
datasets. Interestingly some organizations show 1 dataset (altough they
should own over 100).

Any hints how I could get the organizations to recognize their datasets? We
have over 1300 datasets and 236 groups - loosing this data is clearly not
an option, manual editing also not.

Thanks!

Michael