[ckan-dev] GeoJson preview working?

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Wed Jun 18 04:16:58 UTC 2014

Hi Andrew,

Sorry about that. The confusion is that CKAN can't really know if a file is
JSON or GeoJSON unless you specify it. If you specify the format as JSON, the
text_preview plugin will show the JSON content of the file.

To get it to work correctly with GeoJSON resources, you need to mention the
format as geojson or gson. I've updated the format for the test dataset on demo
and you can see the preview correctly.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 03:45:21PM +0000, Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) wrote:
> Yes, for me whenI click “preview” on http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/geojson-test I see the raw data. That is the set I uploaded.  When I click preview on http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/testdatageojson (uploaded by somebody else) I get an internal server error displaying just in the iframe.  The page itself is fine, but the proxied content is clearly crashing.

Nigel Babu
Developer, Open Knowledge