[ckan-dev] FederGob, New extension to federate with Datos.gob.es and to generate complete DCAT metadata.

Jesús Redondo redondogarciajesus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:13:49 UTC 2014

Hello community, I would like to present you a new plugin we have
developed, it's called FederGob.

This extension is especially interesting for those who have a CKAN portal
in Spain, and also for any who wants a complete DCAT metadata dump of his
portal.

FederGob is a plugin that generates the metadata of a CKAN portal in
RDF/XML using DCAT vocabulary. The metadata generated follows the
principles listed in the Norma Técnica de Interoperabilidad de
Reutilización de Recursos de Información.[1], which describes how to
structure metadata for Spain's official data portal, Datos.gob.es[2].

This metadata generated is published in a URL and can be used alongside
with the Federador[3] tool to federate the portal with Datos.Gob.es. The
process is almost automatic.

FederGob GitHub site is:

https://github.com/jesusredondo/ckanext-federgob

Please, feel free to ask about doubts, problems or possible improvements.
That's exactly what we aim to ;)

Thank you,

Jesús Redondo García

[1]: https://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-A-2013-2380