[ckan-dev] CKAN <-> Wordpress

Adam McGreggor adam.mcgreggor at okfn.org
Fri Oct 10 14:52:42 UTC 2014

On 10 Oct 2014, at 12:56, Matt Fullerton <matt.fullerton at okfn.de> wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed info. I have noticed that this is the common (and very sensible) approach. Our requirement though will be to either translate the Wordpress theme (already designed) to CKAN, vice-versa is not an option, and I wonder which is more effort: having Wordpress basically display the basic info on datasets from (for sake of argument) a CSV file, or adapting the CKAN dataset display to match wordpress.

One thing that hasn’t yet been mentioned (that I’ve seen) is to not use two products, but maybe to consider using ckanext-pages:

	https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-pages/ .

Markdown supports most of the things you’ll see in the WordPress Demo XML (if I had more time to tidy-up a sample of that, I’d add it, but I don’t. It’ll probably appear on demo eventually, though)