[ckan-dev] CKAN exposing tables from a relational database

Jordi Piqueras Bautista jpiqueras at absis.es
Mon Apr 13 09:54:43 UTC 2015

Hello list,

I don't know if I am writting at the correct place because until now I didn't recieve any feedback to my first question. Appologises if I'm not doing it well.

Let's see if someone can help me with that:

I am using CKAN 2.3 and I would like to compose datasets considering a specific schema from a relational database. Indeed, I would like to publish the list of tables into CKAN in order to show which kind of data I have stored in Oracle.

I know that there are some harvesting extensions but if I am not wrong it seems no one is useful to configure a connection to Oracle's database getting a collection of all tables.

Does anybody know if there's any helpful extension for this purpose or any way to do it easily as a Python CKAN extension?

I am not much familiar with Python so I would appreciate any help :)

Regards,

Jordi Piqueras.