[ckan-dev] Problem with ckanext-harvester and remote_orgs:create

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Mon Jan 5 11:46:44 UTC 2015

Ah, just found your "newer" email.

It seems that this route used to return organizations as well, but doesn't
return them anymore now. This seems to be a regression. If I find some time
this week, I'll look into that.

Regards Stefan

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Rodrigo Parra <rodpar07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to import datasets from a remote CKAN 2.2 instance, and I would
> like to import owner organizations as well. According to the harvester
> docs, it should be possible (and fairly easy) to do so using the
> remote_orgs:"create" configuration. However, after doing some tests, no
> organization is being imported.
>
> Looking at the code, the remote organizations are being fetched using the
> /group route of the v2 of the API. But testing the api/2/rest/group/ with
> Postman, I can see it only returns a list of ids from groups, not
> organizations.
>
> I believe that's the reason why the harvester can't find the owner_org.
> Is this a known bug? Should api/2/rest/group/ return organization ids too
> or is what I'm getting expected behavior?
>
> In case the latter is true, should we change CKANHarvester to use v3 of
> the api and /organization_show ? Or is there a better workaround?
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
> Cheers,
>
> Rodrigo Parra

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch