[ckan-dev] Deprecated: related items (Apps & Ideas)

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Fri Sep 4 10:51:26 UTC 2015

! Warning for all CKAN admins !

We will be removing the 'related items' feature in the next version of
CKAN (v2.5 expected around December). Several sites use this core ckan
feature to list "Apps" or "Apps & Ideas".

It has been replaced by the ckanext-showcase extension, which allows
'showcasing' apps, vizualizations, news items etc associated with
datasets. It includes a paster script to copy existing related items
into showcase ones. Since ckanext-showcase works with existing
versions of CKAN (2.3+), we suggest all sites migrate in advance of
the CKAN 2.5 release.

https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-showcase

David