[ckan-dev] Experimenting with a minimal CKAN

Denis Zgonjanin deniszgonjanin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:03:49 UTC 2015

I am interested! :D

That might be ambitious, but I think we should try to build not one but a
couple of reference front-end implementations on top of ckan-mini,
independently of each other. That way we can make sure ckan-mini is fully
decoupled from its front-ends. That in turn would let us:

- More easily create highly customized CKAN sites.
- Keep the front-ends updated as shiny client-side technology evolves.
- Keep the back-end updated without being stuck to old server-side
rendering frameworks.
- Build native apps and thingies.