[ckan-dev] Tiff Files

John Jediny - XAAB john.jediny at gsa.gov
Wed Mar 23 15:08:58 UTC 2016

*Per extending Mapwarper as a harvest source for CKAN...*

It's pretty ugly as we only did this as a test case, but it did work and
I'll add that MapWarper is a solid project we ran it for a year as a pilot
without incident. Here is the repo the work was done in -
https://github.com/DOE-NEPA/mapwarper - but there is alot of
extra/irrelevant code. So it might make more sense to start fresh from the
main project - https://github.com/timwaters/mapwarper and take the
following steps:

1. Add the Web Accessible Folder (WAF) index and XML view:
https://github.com/DOE-NEPA/mapwarper/blob/ruby1.9.1/app/views/maps/waf_index.html.erb
https://github.com/DOE-NEPA/mapwarper/blob/ruby1.9.1/app/views/maps/waf_show.xml.erb
 (*we used FGDC schema as for the test - but should've used ISO 19115 as
the xml template)

2.  Define the view's controller and remap the data attributes from the
existing model:
https://github.com/DOE-NEPA/mapwarper/blob/ruby1.9.1/app/controllers/maps_controller.rb#L22-L73

3. Register the new view to the route config:
https://github.com/DOE-NEPA/mapwarper/blob/ruby1.9.1/config/routes.rb#L4-L5

4. ... Point CKAN's WAF harvester at the {{ baseurl }}/waf to register the
records

*...for the curious, here are some existing/example Mapwarper instances out
there:*

   - http://maps.nypl.org/warper/
   - http://warp.worldmap.harvard.edu/
   - http://warper.mapstory.org/