[ckan-dev] CKAN docker image

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Thu Oct 13 07:32:04 UTC 2016

Hi Ivan

At the time, we did not find any working Docker deployments for CKAN so we "rolled our own". Its not in an external repo, but it could be.  It assumes that PostgreSQL and Solr are in external containers. We are working to create a single docker compose script that addresses this.

I know others have also worked on their own deployments, but not sure what the status of those are.

Regards
Derek

>>> Ivan Ermilov <iermilov at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> 11/10/16 11:55 AM >>>
Hello everyone!
I've been looking into deploying CKAN using docker image recently and I did not find anything which would work for myself as I want it to. Therefore, I created docker image myself. See the repository here [1].
What I want to do by this post is to raise a discussion about best practices for deploying CKAN using docker.
I did not encounter any major issues myself (which I could not solve). However, if someone got a story about being not able to deploy CKAN using docker and what was the issue in the particular case, I would like to hear the concerns.

[1] https://github.com/earthquakesan/docker-ckan-hobbit

Kind regards,
Ivan Ermilov.