[ckan-dev] resource views deleted after reharvest

Karen Turner karen at catalyst.net.nz
Sat May 13 00:35:34 UTC 2017

> On 12/05/2017, at 6:16 PM, Denis Laxalde <denis.laxalde at logilab.fr> wrote:
>
> I also have this issue. My understanding is that, upon reharvest,
> resources are *replaced* instead of being updated (i.e. existing
> resources are deleted and new ones are created). This might explains why
> views disappear.
> I've recently open an issue about this:
> https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-dcat/issues/91

I could see the resources being deleted. The views created were default views so I
had expected to see them recreated.
The core CKAN create does create default views. I could not see the equivalent code
in the update.
Although it happens on reharvest I’m not convinced it is a harvest issue so I created.
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/3560

oops I missed your issue, I should have looked at the ckanext-dat as I do use that. That
is interesting to as never cleaning up old resources would be bad.

Thanks
   Karen
----
Karen Turner