[ckan-dev] CKAN-Datastore: Bad request - Action name not known: datastore_search

Hakan Solmaz hakansolmaz06 at outlook.com
Mon Mar 18 13:23:28 UTC 2019

I asked my questin in Stackoverflow but I got no answer. So for that reason I would also post it here:

I installed the CKAN from source for Ubuntu 18.04. To set up the DataStore in CKAN I followed this documentation in https://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/datastore.html. So the problem is with setting the permissions.

I tried the following command to set the permissions:

paster --plugin=ckan datastore set-permissions -c /etc/ckan/default/development.ini | sudo -u postgres psql --set ON_ERROR_STOP=1

As output:

You are now connected to database "datastore_default" as user "postgres".
REVOKE
REVOKE
GRANT
GRANT
GRANT
GRANT
REVOKE
GRANT
GRANT
GRANT
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
CREATE VIEW
ALTER VIEW
GRANT
CREATE FUNCTION
ALTER FUNCTION
DO

I am irritated by "You are now connected to database "datastore_default" as user "postgres" In my development.ini I have following settings:

sqlalchemy.url = postgresql://ckan_default:pass@localhost/ckan_default

ckan.datastore.write_url = postgresql://ckan_default:pass@localhost/datastore_default
ckan.datastore.read_url = postgresql://datastore_default:pass@localhost/datastore_default

ckan.site_url = http://127.0.0.1:5000

and

ckan.plugins = datastore

So to test the set up I tried:

curl -X GET "http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/3/action/datastore_search?resource_id=_table_metadata"

I get the following output:

"Bad request - Action name not known: datastore_search"

What am I doing wrong here?