[ckan-dev] Change the default ckan facet search

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 10:21:00 UTC 2019

Dear all,
I have couple of questions regarding the search facet and extra fields.
1. Is it possible to index extra field and not extra value?
I assume CKAN does not index the name/title of extra fields. for example I as a user add the field:"content type", Value:"monitoring". If I search 'monitoring' it retunrs the correct dataset, however if I search 'content type' nothing will return. So, is there any way to also search for the field name and not necessarily the value.
2. In my use case, users should be open to add up to 4 extra fields. And I need to add to facet search, one is the extra field names and the other their values. Is there any way to add automatically this into the facet? o I need definitely give the extra field name (similar to this)

|  |  |

|  |
EUDAT-B2FIND/ckanext-b2find

B2FIND extension for CKAN. Contribute to EUDAT-B2FIND/ckanext-b2find development by creating an account on GitHub.

3. The current behaviour of CKAN is, in the page /myckan.com/dataset, i am only able to search based on one organisation. I mean there is no possibility to search datasets based on multiple chosen organisations. Is it possible this behaviour and if yes, which part of the could should i change?

Many thanks in advanceBest regardsMani