[ckan-discuss] Datacatalog metadata?!

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Tue Mar 30 14:46:36 BST 2010

Hi Fadi, good to see your results available!

When working on the RDF generator for data.gov.uk
(http://bitbucket.org/ww/ckanrdf
and particularly http://bitbucket.org/ww/ckanrdf/src/tip/examples) I've
come across
some cases that are almost bbut not quite addresed by your ontology. I'm
thinking
of granularity or resolution. We really need two terms here. There is
spatial resolution
and temporal resolution. Some datasets have one or the other or both...

I'll take a closer look at your RDF rendering and see about
incorporating some of the
ideas into the semantic.ckan.net and data.gov.uk projects.

I wonder if it will be long before the terms in the fundacionctic namespace
will be moved somewhere permanent so that we can use them in data.gov.uk.

Cheers,
-w

On 10-03-30 14:34, Maali, Fadi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You might find it useful to have a look at "Dcat" overview page:
> http://vocab.deri.ie/dcat-overview
>
> Dcat is an RDF vocabulary for representing government catalogs in RDF
> (work-in-progress).
>
> The page above contains links to the vocabulary specification and a
> sample online RDF data representing a number of catalogs
> (data.gov, data.australia.gov.au, data.london.gov.uk, datasf.org)
> Example datasets:
> http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/govcat/page/data.gov/dataset/100
> http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/govcat/page/data.australia.gov.au/dataset/
> 101
>

> Regards,
> Fadi Maali

William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation
Fax: +44 131 464 4948                Edinburgh, UK