[ckan-discuss] Options to store cleaned-up data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Oct 31 23:08:42 GMT 2010

On 31 October 2010 23:01, Brand Niemann <bniemann at cox.net> wrote:
> I have focused on working with a number of US government data spreadsheets
> with high quality that are updated regularly and would not suggest using
> blobs of data as alternatives since one looses the ability to do
> analytics/statistics on those data.

Quite agree Brand, but I'm not sure Tim meant pure 'blobs' (i.e.
opaque binary objects). I took hime to mean he wanted to dump his copy
of the data (probably in structured form) somewhere else -- be that an
upload of a spreadsheet to google docs, or storing a structured dump
(json/csv/rdf) somewhere (e.g. archive.org/storage.ckan.net/s3 ...)

@Tim: is this understanding correct?

Rufus

> See http://semanticommunity.net/
>
> Brand Niemann US EPA