[ckan-discuss] Setting up CKAN for Romania?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 3 11:22:12 BST 2010

On 2 September 2010 23:36, Jo Walsh <jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 02/09/2010 16:38, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>>
>> This kind of thing sounds to be something that would fit
>> well within the regular monthly/bimonthly CKAN community calls that
>> are planned to start in the near future under Friedrich (Lindenberg's)
>> direction.
>
> This sounds great. Friedrich, can you please post a schedule of the
> calls, location of notes etc, *somewhere* where the wider world can see it.

Absolutely Jo. The moment we actually have the first call scheduled
this will be announced. Last major call we had was back in Feb and was
blogged about in advance:
<http://blog.okfn.org/2010/02/09/interested-in-making-an-open-data-catalogue-virtual-meeting-on-11th-february-2010/>

> I see there is a decent amount of CKAN documentation collected here,
> links to the right place in the trac etc, perhaps this is a good place
> to put extra info to start with:
> http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/

Indeed. There is also the main project page on the main site:
http://okfn.org/projects/ckan/

> However a documentation collection of this kind should probably be
> linked from the main CKAN site, along with a list of all the
> international CKANs, different translations etc.

I agree.

> Or is there somewhere i'm not looking? Maybe a simple Wordpress site
> would help to collect things together? Look, i just made a stub:
> http://ckan.okfn.org/

Perfect Jo. This is really useful.

@Members of list: if you'd like access to this new ckan project
site/blog so you can post material please just say and you can be
added as an admin!

Open Knowledge Foundation