[ckan-discuss] A few quick thoughts on data catalogue usability

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Tue Sep 21 14:55:07 BST 2010

On 21 Sep 2010, at 10:46, David Read wrote:
> If people are worried by where/how to insert their new
> data into the structure then maybe we should provide more help text,
> or perhaps they should simply leave it in an unstructured comment?

+1 to this. It's world-editable anyways, so if someone just provides
rough unstructured info, then others can and will jump in to massage
the information into the right fields.

The lesson for CKAN might be to make the Notes box a lot bigger, and
maybe add a bit of text encouraging the entry of any helpful
information that may or may not fit into the other fields.

Best,
Richard